Surviv.io's version history begins in June of 2017, when game development started. The game launched on October 11, 2017.
The most recent version of surviv.io is v0.6.95 released on January 10th, 2019. You can find any recent changes to the game in the official changelog: http://surviv.io/changelog.html
Upcoming updates which the developer is planning. These can be found in the changelog.
- Better Event Mode Support.
- Custom/Private Games.
Jan. 14, 2019
Back to back to basics
The snow drifts no more, once more. As previously mentioned, we're queuing up our next big update for the end of this month. Join us on Discord, as we may be offering the chance to play test the new update before it goes live!
v0.6.95 - Jan. 10, 2019
Two survivrs walk into a BAR
For a limited time, "into the woods" is partnering up with "into the snow"! And a partner is what you'll want, because it's duos only woods mode.
We've also addressed several issues and performed another round of optimizations on the game. Check out the changelog for more information.
- Optimized asset loading to decrease initial site load time. - Fixed an issue where Rivers could generate unnatural bends or loops. - Fixed an issue with spawning underneath Air Drops or near live grenades. - Fixed an issue with Shack footstep sounds. - Fixed an issue with remote players not animating correctly. - Fixed an issue with Flare Guns sometimes not spawning Air Drops. - Added some missing translations.
- Decreased USAS-12 drop rate. - Slightly decreased radius of USAS-12 frag explosions.
- Edited the Autumn Map's color scheme to be the same as the Snow Map's - Replaced the Structures of the Autumn Map with their Snow Map Variants - Buffed the Suppression of the OTs-38 in all maps except Snow and Autumn - Added Greenhouse back to the default map - Edited Chrysanthemum Bunker's 2nd & 3rd room on Default Map and Final Room on all maps. - Buffed Frag Grenades capacity in Backpacks (Woods Map Only, May be a bug) - Snowballs now spawn normally on the Autumn Map, including in Tier Throwables
Jan. 1, 2019
Back to basics
The snow drifts no more - it's business as usual on the Island. And it's also business as usual for the surviv.io dev team! Our next content update will arrive near the end of January.
- Removed Greenhouse from the default map
v0.6.91 - Dec. 26, 2018
For the rest of the year, the Island will remain covered in snow, but frags, smokes and MIRVs are back on the menu!
- Fixed an issue with using healing items while getting hit by snowballs. - Fixed an issue where snowballs sometimes dealt no damage.
- Frag Grenades, Smoke Grenades, and MIRV Grenades now spawn normally on the Snow Map, including in Tier Throwables - Grenade Crates now spawn on the snow map - Snowball Crates now spawn 3 stacks of 4 Snowballs in stead of 2-4 stacks of Tier Throwables
v0.6.9 - December 19, 2018
It's snow joke - winter has come to the Island! And with snowfall, comes snowballs.
Hitting an enemy with a snowball deals a little damage, slows them briefly, and also causes them to drop a random item! "Cook" or charge a snowball for a heavy hitting throwable that deals more damage and slows for a longer duration.
A new gun is also making it's appearance in the frigid weather: the OTs-38 revolver. A new take on an old favorite, this suppressed weapon is a strict numbers upgrade over the venerable OT-38. The OTs-38 can only be found in gold air drops.
Cold chicken is better than no chicken. Or is it? Let us know on Discord, and please give us a follow on Instagram.
- Added new obstacles: snowball crate, festive tree (snow map only). - Added new skins: Tallow's Little Helper (outfit), Siberian Assault (outfit), Katana Rusted (katana). - Added new weapon: OTs-38 revolver. - Added new throwable: Snowball (snow map only). - Added additional emotes.
- Updated AWM-S's held sprite
v0.6.8 - December 12, 2018
Flare gun mode is back, and for the first time it's a blizzard of air drops in solo mode only.
Bundle up and keep your eyes on the sky, for even a desert is not immune to colder weather ...
December 10, 2018
Out of the woods
The landscapers returned from vacation and pruned the trees back to their normal levels. Farewell stone hammer, we hardly knew ye. :thonk:
v0.6.71 - December 6, 2018
If a bunker opens in a forest ...
The Island landscapers have taken the week off, and that can only mean one thing: woods mode is back again! Available in squads only for a limited time, woods mode is a true test of teamwork, coordination, and cooperation. Let's get crackin'!
- Added new obstacle: Hardstone Block. - Added new skins: Valiant Pineapple and Tarkhany Regal. - Added melee weapon: Stone Hammer.
- Slightly increased damage of CZ-3A1 .
- Changed the Eye Bunker - Added melee weapon: Stone Hammer (Added to changelog entries later) - Reskinned USAS-12, now shares the high-detail image - Added the Eye Bunker to the Autumn Map
v0.6.7 - November 29, 2018
The surviv.io community creates an amazing amount of art, concepts and ideas, so we thought it only proper to make some of these awesome creations a reality. Introducing the community update!
The fisherman's shack was concepted by TriggerMaster. A neat upgrade to the standard shack, this crabby shanty can be found along beaches and river banks.
The second red house was concepted by UMadBro. While sharing a similar exterior to the standard red house, the interior has been given a complete makeover.
The greenhouse was concepted by FJV. This glassy structure is home to several planters growing varieties of flora not native to the Island. Smash those planters and grab the loot! And for the diligent decoders among you, a mysterious bunker lies beneath the greenhouse.
The CZ-3A1 submachine gun was concepted by Forgi. This weapon was the developer's choice winner in our recent Discord content competition. The CZ-3A1 is a 9mm carbine that can only be found in golden air drops. For a limited time, we've also TRIPLED the spawn rate of the CZ-3A1 in golden air drops.
Finally, we're happy to announce you can now spectate opponents in team modes! When your whole team is dead, press the Spectate button on the team stats screen to begin spectating opponents.
To see even more player-made content, visit our Discord server and check out the Community Content channels.
- Added ability to spectate opponents in team modes. When all members of your team are dead, pressing the Spectate button on the team stats screen will begin spectating opponents. - Added new buildings: Greenhouse, second Red House, fisherman's shack. - Added new obstacles: planter, crab pot. - Added new skin: Imperial Seal. - Added new weapon: CZ-3A1 submachine gun. - Added additional emotes.
- Added melee weapon: Katana - Added new building: Chrysanthemum Bunker - Reskinned multiple ranged weapons as follows: AWM-S, M1 Garand, M249, and M4A1-S. CZ-3A1 shares the high-detail images with them. - Added barrel cache
Nov. 24, 2018
Bye bye birdie
Turkey feathers fly no more, but if you haven't gotten your fill of birdshot, worry not! The M1100 is here to stay.
- Win message is now "Winner winner chicken dinner!" instead of "Winner winner turkey dinner!" (reverted from previous update since it was seasonal) - Removed Feather effect upon hits and kills of the M1100 - Added M1100 Wall Mount
v0.6.6 - November 19, 2018
Here in 'murica, it's that time of year when we give thanks for good friends and fortune. On the Island, it's that time when we add a shotgun that turns your enemies into a pile of turkey feathers.
The M1100 shotgun features semi-automatic action and fires shells stuffed with 18 pellets of (not very strong) birdshot. Designed for the hunting of fowl rather than foe, the M1100 has the special ability to create turkey feathers on hit.
This new weapon is available now as a common drop in all modes! Please let us know through our Discord server if the M1100 is fair game, or just fowl.
- Added new weapon: M1100 shotgun. - Added new obstacle: berry bush. - Added additional emotes.
- Win message is now "Winner winner turkey dinner!" in stead of "Winner winner chicken dinner!"
v0.6.55 - November 17, 2018
South America online
We've officially broken out our South America servers into their own region. To play in this region, select South America from the region selector.
- Added South America to region selector.
November 13, 2018
Sands through our fingers
It’s time to put out the fire and call in the dogs: the desert rain event is now over.
v0.6.5 - November 9, 2018
Gunfight at the Deadeye Saloon
The desert rain is falling again, and the weather isn't the only thing that's changing. Two additional .45 ACP firearms join the Peacemaker and Model 94: the M1911 pistol and M1A1 submachine gun. Both are commonly found weapons with power levels on par with the M9 and MP5, respectively. And speaking of 9mm guns, you won't find any in the desert this week!
Of course, what's a desert without a proper deserted town? Head down main street and find a what's what of Island buildings, including the police station, bank, two cabins and a fine barn. If you're feeling parched, mosey on down to the saloon for a cold beverage and a happifying tune.
As per usual, flare gun spawns are massively increased in this mode. Strike now while the iron is hot, because the desert rains will only fall for a limited time!
- Added new building: saloon (desert map only). - Added new obstacles: archway, glass bottle, piano, round table, round stove, small sandbag. - Added new weapons: M1911 pistol, M1A1 submachine gun.
Nov. 5, 2018
Download the app on the Google Play Store for the best surviv.io experience on Android. If you like what you see, please give us a 5-star rating!
Later this week, look for the Island's return to a drier, .45ier climate ...
November 1, 2018
365 days later
Whence the last candle burns on All Hallow's Eve, shall the obstacle hunt bow and take leave.
In other words, the Halloween event is now over. Did you solve the Riddle of Six and unlock the diabolic power of the Eye? Or did you get tricked with a single round of .45 ACP?
Today also marks the official completion of one year in the life of surviv.io! When we embarked on this incredible journey 365 days ago, we didn't think there would be any journey at all, much less an incredible one. The game has surpassed our wildest expectations, and we're excited to see how surviv.io evolves over year two!
Since the big stats wipe back in June, we've been promising a viewable archive of the old leaderboards. In true surviv.io fashion, we're delivering on that promise when you least expected. Behold, the surviv.io Hall of Fame.
0.6.4 - October 30, 2018
This week, we're celebrating the first anniversary of surviv.io! In a spooktacular twist of fate, surviv.io debuted late on Oct. 31, 2017. As a special treat (or trick?!), we've crafted a solos-only Halloween mode that some of you may find wickedly familiar.
Across an Island cloaked in darkness, discover ominous pumpkins, each containing a prop-erly frightful disguise or costume. Is that a bush or a bush wookie? Why is that barrel holding a gun? Am I being punched by a table? As the red zone shrinks, your paranoia will only grow.
Rumor tells of a haunted bunker built over an otherworldly, some say demonic, energy source on the Island. PARMA could not control the power they disturbed. Can you? The path to unlocking The Eye is stained with blood.
Halloween mode will only be around for a limited time, and you can probably guess how long that will be. Enjoy it while it lasts!
- Added new building: eye bunker. - Added new obstacles: pumpkin, jack-o'-lantern, withered tree (halloween map only). - Added halloween map skins. - Added additional emotes.
0.6.31 - Oct. 22, 2018
All the leaves aren't brown
Sadly, it's time for woods mode to make like a tree and go away for a bit. Happily, two weapons from woods mode will be added to the normal game mode: the BAR M1918 and MIRV grenades.
Thanks again to all our participants! A certain spooky holiday is coming up, and the Island may soon undergo a prop-erly haunting transformation ...
- Added BAR M1918 and MIRV grenade to normal map. - Fixed various mobile UI issues.
- Increased DP-28 drop rate. - Removed DP-28 from air drops. - Increased SPAS-12 drop rate. - Decreased MP220 drop rate.
0.6.3 - October 18, 2018
Into the woods
The leaves are turning on the Island, from green to yellow and brown. And in our new squad-only woods mode, the leaves will turn to RED. (Because of the blood, and the red zone.)
A number of new and exciting changes await in this limited time mode. Many of the iconic Island buildings are missing completely! In their place, discover the logging camp, a massive complex that features high quality loot both above and below (hint, hint).
Only LMGs and shotguns will spawn in woods mode, including one new gun of each type. The USAS-12 shotgun is your standard-issue automatic shotgun ... except for the frightfully lethal 12 gauge frag rounds it fires. The vintage BAR M1918 light machine gun can put a real dent into players and trees alike, but its 20-round magazines will have you screaming "Reload!" at your squad more often than not.
Remember, woods mode will only be around for a limited time!
- Added new building: hatchet bunker (woods map only). - Added new obstacles: hatchet crate, flare gun case, leaf pile, log pile, stump (woods map only). - Added new skin: Woodcutter's Wrap (woods map only). - Added new weapons: BAR M1918 light machine gun, USAS-12 shotgun, MIRV grenade (woods map only). - Added melee weapon: fire axe. - Added additional emotes.
0.6.21 - October 5, 2018
- Reverted pad styles to 'Locked' and 'Anywhere'.
0.6.2 - October 4, 2018
The official surviv.io app is now available for iOS devices!
To the brave souls that play surviv.io on mobile ... you have not been forgotten. Today's update brings a slew of upgrades to assist you on your quest for chicken to-go. We'll go over just a few of these features - visit the changelog for the full rundown.
Mobile survivrs, you'll now actually face the direction you're moving in! On top of that, we've added an aiming line that will display while firing a weapon. These two changes will greatly improve your ability to aim with the touch pads.
Speaking of touch pads, we've adjusted the available pad styles and the sensitivity of pad actions. These changes will make moving and shooting on mobile far more responsive.
- Pad styles have changed to 'Locked' or 'Follow'. - Locked style detects touches anywhere on the screen; the pad will remain locked to the initial touch location. - Follow style detects touches anywhere on the screen; the pad can be freely dragged while the touch is active. - Adjusted left pad to enter full speed movement sooner. - Adjusted right pad to trigger weapon fire sooner. - Player now faces direction of movement when not firing a weapon. - An aiming line is enabled by default. The aim line can be disabled in the game menu. - Adjusted UI to allow better access and visibility to medical items. - Increased size of reload icon touchable area. - Increased size of interaction button. - Increased size of gun slots. - All doors automatically open. - Mosin, SV-98, and AWM-S have an added delay before the first shot fires.
September 24, 2018
Grass Is Greener
The sands have run out on the flare gun event, and the Model 94 and Peacemaker are hitting the ol' dusty trail. Worry not ... the desert rain will fall again.
Thanks again to all our participants, and a special shout-out to the event's top fragging and damaging squad: fumi, disconnected, the-lone-wolf, and Kyle, who achieved a torrid 35-kill game!
0.6.1 - September 22, 2018
PARMA supplies have reached critical levels again, but this time, they've also got way too much sand! It's coarse and rough and irritating and it's getting everywhere. For a limited time only, squad mode will once more feature massively increased flare gun spawns.
This time around, you'll have a few new weapons for the final shootout at Ranchito Pollo. The Model 94 lever-action repeating rifle, chambered in .45 ACP, fires a speedy, accurate and decently powerful bullet.
It's companion gun is the Peacemaker revolver, also chambered in .45 ACP. The Peacemaker is deadly accurate when tap-firing, but it's real strength shows when you hold down fire and "fan the hammer." All remaining rounds in the revolver will empty at an insane pace, albeit, with a steep accuracy penalty.
- Added new obstacle: Cattle Crate (desert map only). - Added new obstacle skin: tumbleweed bush (desert map only). - Added new skin: Poncho Verde (desert map only). - Added new weapons: Model 94 rifle, Peacemaker revolver. - Added melee weapon: Bowie knife. - Added additional emotes.
0.6.0 - September 7, 2018
Bridges Of Sweatbath County
The ocean has a new best friend: rivers. These bending bodies of water vary in size, and you'll want to make sure you're not caught on the wrong side of one. Find a bridge to ease your crossing or risk wading into the open waters. Rumor has it a PARMA installation exists underneath the widest of these rivers ...
Two new weapons are also at your disposal. First, the M93R pistol. It may be a close relative of the M9, but the M93R shames it's cousin with three-shot bursts fired at a rapid rate. Hold that trigger down and let the 9mm flow through your enemies.
Second up is the M4A1-S assault rifle. This classic carbine is fully suppressed - your enemies won't hear your shots and they'll be hard pressed to see them, too. The 5.56mm M4A1-S can only be found in rare (gold) air drops.
- Added Rivers. - Added new buildings: large Bridge, medium Bridge, Cabin, Crossing Bunker. - Added new obstacles: bed, couch, screen, wood pile, stove, wall mount, stove, river bush, Bunker Locker. - Added new skins: Water Elemental (outfit), Karambit Drowned (knife), Wood Axe Bloodstained (wood axe). - Added new weapons: M93R pistol, M4A1-S assault rifle. - Added additional emotes. - Added standalone team ping keybind (unbound by default). - Changed MP220 world image. - Fixed an issue with the Alive and Kills counters disappearing on desktop.
- Switching from a pump-action shotgun (M870, SPAS-12) to another pump-action shotgun will now trigger a full switch cooldown. - Decreased M9 drop rate. - Decreased MP220 drop rate. - Decreased QBB-97 drop rate.
- Nerfed damage of Flare Gun from 10 to 0.
0.5.1 - August 13, 2018
Key rebinding has arrived. Bind shoot to Spacebar, reload to Page Up, or for you crazies out there, Interact to E. Certain keys are disabled due to browser conflicts (see the changelog for the full list). As a bonus option, you can even share your keybinds with other players! Click the "Share" button in the main menu keybind customization screen and you'll get a keybind code, as well as a box for loading codes.
- Added support for input rebinding. - Due to default browser handling of specific keys, the following keys are disabled from binding: Control, Shift, Alt, Windows Key, Context Menu, and all function keys. - Individual Interact actions (Revive, Open/Use, Loot) can be bound to their own keys. - Added keybindable actions: Equip Previous Scope, Equip Next Scope, Equip Other Gun, and Hide UI. These actions are unbound by default. - Keybinds can be shared through the "Share" option in the main menu keybinding screen.
0.5.03 - August 11, 2018
Air drop supplies have returned to normal levels, and that means it's the end of the flare gun event. Thank you to everyone who participated, and a special shout-out to the event's top fragging squad: Not d0bu, Aimbot, 1337 ChefDo, and Chisp official, who achieved a staggering 48-kill game!
- AWM-S now has a 5-shot magazine. - Greatly increased reload time of AWM-S.
Event - August 9th, 2018
An unexpected surplus at the PARMA supply depot means EVERYTHING MUST GO! For a limited time only, squad mode will feature massively increased flare gun spawns. These increased spawn rates will last until supplies run out, so get in now before the AWMs and Garands are all gone!
0.5.02 - August 3, 2018
- Maps now support multiple air drop pings. - Fixed an issue where air drop crates could overlap.
- AWM-S now has a 1-shot magazine. - Decreased reload time of AWM-S. - Decreased damage of AWM-S. - Slightly increased QBB-97 shot spread. - Decreased QBB-97 drop rate.
0.5.01 - July 29, 2018
- Knives now deal slightly more damage than fists. - Fixed an issue where the air drop chute could disappear.
0.5.0 - July 26, 2018
Air Drop It Like It's Hot
The good folks at PARMA are now making regular supply runs over the Island, releasing air drops with precious cargo. These special crates contain rare quality loot, including extra rare weapons and items that can only be found in the air drop. The cargo plane will make regularly timed visits to the Island, but you can also get air drops on demand by finding and firing a flare gun.
And presenting the long awaited arrival of melee weapons! Scattered about the Island you'll discover various hand-to-hand tools, such as the wood axe, which deals massive damage to obstacles and can clear those pesky green ammo crates. You may also stumble upon a cache of knives, which are identical to fists in power, but far exceed them in style.
- Added air drops. - Added new weapons: QBB-97 light support weapon, M1 Garand semi-automatic rifle, AWM-S bolt-action sniper rifle, and Flare Gun. - Added melee weapons: Knives, Wood Axe, Hook, and Pan. - Ammo crates can now be destroyed by the wood axe. Ammo crates contain basic ammo, with a small chance of spawning special ammo. - Added new skins: Falling Star and Celestial Garb.
- Slightly lowered SCAR-H drop rate.
0.4.32 - July 21, 2018
- The "High Resolution" setting now lowers texture resolution when unchecked.
0.4.31 - July 14, 2018
- Optimized client load time and performance.
0.4.3 - July 1, 2018
We've added a few quality-of-life changes to Surviv. Gun slots can now be switched, allowing you to put your 1-key gun in the 2-key slot, and vice versa. Press the T key to switch gun positions, or drag one gun to the other slot.
In the main menu settings, you'll now find an option to anonymize player names in-game. Turning this option on will turn all opponent names into generic player names.
- Added ability to switch gun slots. Press the T key or drag a gun to the other slot to switch the positions of the guns. - Added anonymized player name option. Option can be enabled/disabled through the main menu settings. - Fixed an issue where armor would sometimes not properly reduce fist damage.
- Slightly decreased range of M870, MP220, and Saiga-12. - Slightly lowered adrenaline duration and move speed bonus. - Slightly decreased bandage use time.
0.4.2 - June 21, 2018
Sun's Out, Guns Out
Beachcombers rejoice! Two new buildings grace the Island's shores: Conch bunker and the hut. These oceanbound buildings offer the less confrontational survivr a peaceful alternative to the bloodsoaked carnage further inland. Listen to relaxing waves and sink your feet into the sand as you enjoy a tranquil loot phase at the beach.
Of course, no day at the beach is complete without
sunscreen shotguns. Frag in style with the newest member of the 12 gauge family: the SPAS-12. This pump-action shotgun has a 9 shell capacity, and not just any old shells, but 12 gauge flechette. Flechette ammunition is less powerful than the standard buckshot you're used to, but it travels further and faster in a tighter grouping.
- Added new buildings: Conch Bunker, Hut. - Added new obstacles: Fire Extinguisher, Pot. - Added new skin: Island Time. - Added new weapon: SPAS-12 shotgun. - Added additional emotes. - Added player kick option to team menu.
0.4.1 - June 12, 2018
A History Of Violence
We've added match histories to your player stats pages. You can now view your performance in an individual match, as well as the complete player ranking for that match. Want to see the profile of that player who hit the luckiest Mosin shot of their life to steal your chicken dinner? Now you can!
- Added match histories to http://surviv.io/stats. - Adjusted some leaderboard and player stat categories. - Added kill counter to large map display. - Account avatar will pulse if not set.
- Safe zone circles are now more likely to move towards the edges of the map. - Desert Eagle now spawns with 7 more rounds (total 56). - Slightly lowered Saiga-12 drop rate. - Slightly lowered adrenaline duration and move speed bonus.
0.4.0 - June 2, 2018
Log And Load
Accounts have arrived. Log in by pushing the button in the top-right corner of the main menu, and choosing one of the four social log in options. Once logged in, you'll be prompted to create an account name. You can change your profile picture through the account settings, or by clicking the profile picture icon.
After logging in you'll notice a "My Stats" button underneath your profile name and picture: pushing this will take you to your brand new stats profile on our new stats site! Here you'll be able to view your personal surviv.io stats across each game mode. This stats profile page will be expanded greatly - we'll be adding player ratings, match histories, individual gun stats, as well as a slew of fun categories. Stay tuned!
On the stats site, you'll also find the newly reset leaderboards. We've removed top 5 percentage and added two new categories: most damage and win streak. Most damage will track the highest individual damage dealt in a game mode, and win streak tracks how many consecutive victories you can achieve in a game mode.
That's not all! Presenting the docks, the Island's once bustling port. The ships have fled, but the loot remains. Scour the warehouses and containers for precious seaside booty, including our latest gun, the SV-98 bolt-action sniper rifle. Just call it Mosin 2.0: this sucker shoots faster, hits harder, and can reload more than one 7.62mm round at a time.
- Added accounts. - Reset leaderboards and added account stat tracking. - Added stat tracking site at http://surviv.io/stats. - Added new area: docks. - Added new buildings: Blue Warehouse, Green Shack. - Added new obstacles: closed container, bollard. - Added new skins: Coral Guise, Aquatic Avenger. - Added new weapon: SV-98 bolt-action sniper rifle. - Added additional emotes. - Desert Eagle ammunition now displays in loot UI when owned - Optimized texture loading to reduce hitching.
- Shotgun headshot multiplier decreased. Shotgun base damage increased to compensate. - Mosin headshot multiplier decreased. Mosin base damage increased to compensate. - Slightly decreased drop rate of Level 3 helmet and Level 3 chest armor.
0.3.6 - May 10, 2018
Three Heads Are Better Than One
The second largest bunker ever constructed on the island, Hydra bunker is the central subject testing facility for the Poultry Applications and Research on Metabolic Augmentation Initiative. Scientists at this bunker developed the serums responsible for enhancing test subject strength, speed, and pain tolerance. Find Hydra, and you may just find ...
The Vector submachine gun: it's time to put those 420 rounds of 9mm sitting in your backpack to use. Spitting 33 bullets at a rate of fire even the MAC-10 would be envious of, this modern piece of weapons technology will chew through ammo faster than you can say "reload." Grab this gun, and you'll be pointed straight towards a chicken dinner.
- Added new building: Hydra Bunker. - Added new obstacles: sliding doors, vat, computer terminal, power box. - Added new weapon: Vector submachine gun. - Added a reverb sound filter when underground. - Team members will now hold their spots in the team. This addresses an issue where other players could join the team while the original members were in-game. - Added a pulsing icon on the team menu to indicate which team members are in-game. - Added list of proxy sites.
- Slightly decreased range of all shotguns. - Lowered drop rate of MP220.
- Added Storm Bunker.
0.3.5 - Apr. 26, 2018
Downwards Is The Only Way Forwards
Who are the survivrs? Where are the survivrs? Why ... are we survivrs?
The mansion was here long before any of us, and it will still be here after the last dinner is served. This sprawling domain includes a feature never before seen on the island: another level! Ransack the cellar and depart hastily, or risk becoming a permanent cellar dweller.
Rumor has it the mansion was owned by a wealthy arms dealer, whose possessions included a Desert Eagle handgun. Utilizing powerful .50 AE cartridges, the Desert Eagle deals massive damage per bullet and is the first (and for now, only) gun that is first shot accurate. With a mere 7 rounds per magazine and ammo that only drops with the gun spawn, you'll want to make every shot count.
That's all for now. If you discover any other abnormalities or ... odd structures, please let us know on our Discord server so we can quickly Purge them from the island.
- Added new buildings: mansion. - Added new obstacle: soda machine. - Added new weapon: Desert Eagle. The Desert Eagle is first shot accurate. The Desert Eagle uses .50 AE ammo which only spawns with the gun and does not appear with regular ammo in the UI. - Added additional emotes. - Added a sound when players join team and game window is not focused. - Fixed various UI issues for tablet users. - Improved audio performance.
- Greatly increased damage of frag grenades against obstacles. - Decreased all shotgun damage at maximum ranges. - Decreased effectiveness of Level 2 and Level 3 chest armor. - Slightly decreased drop rate of MP220. - Very slightly decreased drop rates of rare guns (FAMAS, Mk 12, SCAR-H, DP-28, M39 EMR, Mosin Nagant, Saiga-12). - Slightly increased chance of loot to appear in beach areas. - Slightly decreased bandage use time.
- Added Egg Bunker
0.3.41 - April 18, 2018
- Fixed audio issues in the latest version of Chrome. - Optimized client performance.
0.3.4 - Apr. 10, 2018
In the surviv.io criminal justice system, you have the right to remain VIOLENT. Welcome to the police station. Local law enforcement has fled the scene, but left behind a bevy of weapon lockers and jail cells stuffed with contraband.
If you crack the right locker, you may even find our newest weapon: the SCAR-H. Chambered for blue 7.62 ammunition, the SCAR-H only holds 20 rounds per magazine, but those rounds pack a wallop. It hits harder, fires faster and is more accurate than the AK-47. Maintain fire discipline and this gun will have you reaching for a drumstick.
Wondering when all that "unreleased" stuff in the changelog is actually coming out? Speculate wildly on our Discord server!
- Added new building: police station. - Added new weapon: SCAR-H assault rifle. - Added localization for Japanese. - Added additional emotes.
0.3.3 - Apr. 6, 2018
They say you can't take it with you. They were wrong. Load up surviv.io in your mobile browser and win chicken dinners wherever you are! The dream is real:You can blow up a toilet while blowing up a toilet.
We recommend using the default browser for your mobile OS: Chrome for Android, and Safari for iOS. We also HIGHLY recommend saving the surviv.io site to your home screen.
- Android/Chrome: Tap the three dots in the top-right of the Chrome window. Tap "Add to Home screen".
- iOS/Safari: Tap the share icon. Tap "Add to Home Screen" in the bottom row of options.
- Added mobile compatibility. - Client and server optimizations.
0.3.21 - Apr. 2, 2018
Farewell, Egg-pocalypse. You scrambled the game during your brief time, but now your reign is over ... easy.
- Removed seasonal obstacle: egg.
Event - 0.3.2 - April 1, 2018
A most egg-cellent update has arrived! Or has it? It has. The surviv.io easter bunnies have spread their colorful eggs across the island. What egg-squisite surprises await inside?
- Added seasonal obstacle: egg. - Added additional emotes. - Optimized client and server performance.
- Decreased rate of fire of M9 and M9 duals. - Slightly decreased drop rate of MP220.
0.3.1 - March 23, 2018
- Added new weapon: Smoke Grenade. - Grenades now bound to 4. Press the 4 key to cycle through available grenades. - Added new weapon type: dual pistols. Loot an additional copy of an already owned pistol to create dual pistols. When dropped, dual pistols will separate back into individual pistols. - Added new building: Bank. - Added item on-use sounds. - Added volume sliders to the main-menu config and the in-game menu. - Added a spectator count above the minimap. - Left/right arrow keys are now bound to spectate previous/next teammate.
- Slightly decreased reload time of OT-38.
0.3.0 - March 14, 2018
Gather up your three best friends (or the three best players amongst your friends), and enter into the controlled chaos that is squad mode. You don't know true fear until you've been pursued and shot at by four angry yellow circles.
We've also spruced up the leaderboard to allow sorting by game mode. The "Most kills" category will display all the members of the team that contributed to the kill total for that game. All other categories will show individual prowess only.
Finally, we gave our client a much-needed performance boost. We hear you guys loud and clear, and will continue to work on upgrading our client to create the best experience possible.
We hope you all enjoy squad mode! If you're looking for teammates, look no further than our marvelous Discord server!
- Added Squads (4-person) team mode. - Added additional emotes. - Leaderboards can now be sorted by game mode. "Most kills" category is sorted by team; all other categories sorted individually. - Minimap is now semi-transparent and reveals slightly more of the map. - Removed minimal HUD mode. - Optimized client performance.
- Slightly decreased damage of punch against players.
Mar. 5, 2018
0.2.61 - March 3, 2018
- Added additional flag emotes. - Fixed shack and outhouse wall images. - Fixed various translation issues.
0.2.6 - March 2, 2018
Home is where the loot is with the arrival of two new buildings, two new building features and FIVE new obstacle types!
The barn and red house feature the latest in home construction technology: windows and doors. Windows can be broken and shot through, but cannot be moved through. Doors can be opened by pressing F, or by punching them.
These two buildings also contain several new furnishings. Drawers and cabinets can be destroyed for their precious loot. Tables can be hidden underneath for a sneaky home ambush. The refrigerator and oven reflect bullets, but beware the oven! Gas leaks are no joking matter.
We've also added emote customization. Click the surviv.io icon next to the name input field to access the emote loadout menu. Additional emotes can be unlocked by following us on Twitter, subscribing to our YouTube channel or liking us on Facebook. If you've already performed one of these actions, simply click the unlock button and the emotes will unlock.
In addition to the main emote wheel, players can customize two triggered emotes: on-win (chicken) and on-death (skull and crossbones).
Need a place to ask when squads are coming? Try our Discord server!
- Added two new buildings: barn and red house. - Added new building features: windows and doors. Windows can be broken and shot through, but cannot be moved through. Doors can be opened by pressing F, or by punching them. - Added five new building obstacles: drawers, cabinet, table, refrigerator and oven. - Added emote customization. The emote loadout screen can be accessed by clicking the surviv.io icon next to the name input field in the main menu. In addition to the main emote wheel, players can customize two triggered emotes: on-win (chicken) and on-death (skull and crossbones). - Added localization for Turkish.
0.2.5 - February 20, 2018
5.56x45mm ... x4
Move over 7.62, there's a new sheriff in town. The good folks at the surviv.io armory have distributed not one, not two, not three, but FOUR new guns chambered for the 5.56 NATO round.
First up is the HK416 assault rifle. If you like the MAC-10, well, meet his roided up bigger brother. The HK416 may not achieve the insane cyclic rates of the MAC-10, but it packs a harder punch.
Next we've got the FAMAS bullpup assault rifle. It's a burst-fire only weapon with a 25-round magazine. Accuracy will be at a premium, but if you can land your shots, this puppy will take a serious bite out of the competiton.
Third in line is the Mk 12 Special Purpose Rifle. A semi-automatic DMR with 20-round magazines, this gun will draw comparisons to the M39 EMR. While the Mk 12 deals less damage per bullet than the M39, it fires at a much faster rate and at greater velocity.
Our final 5.56 weapon is a doozy. It's by far the rarest gun in the game and ridiculously strong. Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the [REDACTED]. Information on this weapon is limited, but what we do know is that it features [REDACTED] and a [REDACTED], making it an efficient killing tool that will immediately make it's owner a chicken dinner favorite.
Which gun needs a nerf? And why is it the Mk 12? Please let us know on our Discord channel.
- Added four new weapons: FAMAS assault rifle, HK416 assault rifle, Mk 12 SPR designated marksman rifle and [REDACTED]. - Added localization for Italian. - Fixed various translation issues.
- Slightly increased damage of AK-47. - Decreased accuracy of AK-47. - Increased drop rate of UMP9. - Decreased damage and accuracy of UMP9. - Increased rate of fire of M39.
February 10, 2018
l2p (learn to ping)
We've whipped up a quick tutorial video on how to use the new team pings and emotes. Just one view, and you'll be spamming emotes like a seasoned pro!
0.2.4 - February 8, 2018
- Added new weapon: frag grenade. - Added new obstacle: grenade box. - Added communication wheels. Team pings bound to C hold, right mouse hold, drag, and release. Emotes bound to right mouse hold, drag, and release. - Added localization for Traditional Chinese, Danish, and Polish. - Fixed various translation issues. - Added minimal HUD mode. V key now toggles between HUD visiblity modes.
0.2.3 - January 30, 2018
Glock n' spiel
We've got a handful of quality of life updates for you guys. First up is menu and in-game localization for eight languages! You'll find the language selector in the bottom right corner. These languages were chosen based upon the regions where surviv.io is most popular, but we hope to add more in the future.
Next we've got previous weapon swap: press Q to swap to the last equipped weapon. You can now also scroll to change weapons. Scroll up or down to change your equipped weapon.
Medical items are now hotkeyed as follows:
- 7 - Bandage
- 8 - Med Kit
- 9 - Soda
- 0 - Pills
Finally, we added the Glock 18C pistol.
Found something terribly wrong with our translations? Please tell us on our Discord channel.
- Added localization for eight languages: German, Spanish, French, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Thai and Simplified Chinese. - Added new gun: Glock 18c pistol. - Added previous weapon swap key, hotkeyed to Q. - Added medical item keys, hotkeyed to 7 through 0. - Scroll wheel now cycles weapons instead of scopes. - After being revived, scope zoom will assume the level it was before being downed. - Fixed an issue where dropping a weapon would always put the player in melee mode. - Optimized server performance.
0.2.2 - January 23, 2018
Blood in the water
The world of surviv.io just got a lot saltier: the border of the map is now surrounded by ocean waters. Beware the shallows, as you'll move slower in water and have no cover to hide behind.
The new beach area offers far more safety, and two new obstacles. The hedgehog anti-tank obstacle is indestructible and provides great cover from multiple angles. For you treasure hunters, very rare pirate chests can be found on the shore, containing several pieces of high quality booty.
And one more thing ... introducing the UMP9 submachine gun! The UMP9 uses a 30 round magazine chambered for 9mm, and is set to fire in 3 shot bursts. This weapon is exceptionally accurate and steady, while also boasting the highest damage per round of any 9mm weapon.
To demand UMP9 nerfs or buffs, please visit our Discord channel.
- Added ocean to map border. - Added new obstacle: hedgehog. - Added new obstacle: treasure chest. - Added new gun: UMP9 submachine gun. - Heavily optimized server performance. - Fixed an issue where spectate mode failed to engage or switch players. - Fixed an issue where players could have reduced health after reviving another player.
0.2.1 - January 20, 2018
- Optimized client performance. - Fixed an issue where players could get visually stuck in a reviving pose. - Fixed an issue where dying after a win could result in rank #0. - Fixed an issue where selecting "No Fill" would still autofill a teammate. - Fixed display issues related to the backpack.
0.2.0 - January 17, 2018
Let's cut to the chase: team play is here. We're launching with duos (2-person teams) only for now. Squads (4-person teams) will be activated once we've worked out any kinks with duos.
To play with a random partner, hit the Play Duo button. To make your own team, hit Create Team and you'll be taken to the team creation view. The most important thing here is the invite link at the top of the view. Click the link to copy it, then give this link to your duo partner. Once all members of the team are listed, the team leader can hit Play to start the game.
Sharing is caring, so we've added the ability to drop items. Right-click an item (medical, ammo, weapons, armor, scopes) to drop it. Medical and ammo will drop half your supply.
Looking for teammates or want to use voice chat? Head over to our discord. And while you're there, please leave us your feedback!
- Added Duo (2-person) team mode. - Increased map size. - Added option to drop items (right-click item to drop). - Added option to view personal stats while spectating. - Added two new skins: Cobalt Shell and Key Lime.
- Slightly increased damage of m39. - Slightly decreased reload time of ot38. - Increased backpack capacity for all ammo types.
0.1.77 - January 09, 2018
- Fixed weapon switch timer bug when changing to melee mode. - Fixed visual bug with bullets originating off screen sometimes not being properly cleaned up. - Fixed html issue in old browsers. - Buildings should be less likely to spawn overlapped.
0.1.76 - December 29, 2017
Update on the updates!
Couple small updates ... we've added an in-game menu (press the ESC key while in-game) that lets you toggle full screen mode, toggle sounds, and quit the game. You can also toggle full screen mode from the main menu. Additionally, we've added support for HTTPS and upgraded our matchmaker in preparation for squads.
And what about those squads? We're working on it, we promise! It'll be well worth the wait, and we're just as excited as you are to squad up (the legit way).
Thanks again to all the surviv.io players out there. Have a happy New Year, and we'll see you on the flip side!
- Added in-game menu (ESC key). - Added full screen toggle option to main menu and in-game menu. Hotkeyed to 'L' in-game.
0.1.75 - December 28, 2017
- Added HTTPS support. - New matchmaker.
0.1.7 - December 19, 2017
Out of nowhere, an update arrives with four new features! First off, we've added a new weapon to the mix: the Ingram MAC-10. This compact submachine gun can empty an entire magazine of 9mm in under one-and-a-half seconds. It's also wildly inaccurate, especially while moving. Aim in the enemy's general direction, spray, then pray.
We've added a new obstacle: the outhouse. Inside, you'll find a porcelain throne bursting with ... well, hopefully equipment and not the other thing.
Barrels now EXPLODE upon destruction. The explosion deals massive area-of-effect damage and releases dangerous shrapnel to boot. Watch your step, and try not to blow yourself up.
Last, and certainly not least, we've added a spectator mode. Upon death, you'll have the option of watching your killer's every movement. If they die, you'll leap to the person that killed them, etcetera, etcetera. Keep watching until your killer dies (and let go your salt), or spectate all the way to the chicken dinner!
- Added spectator mode. - Added new gun: MAC-10 submachine gun. - Added new building: outhouse. - Barrels now explode upon destruction, dealing massive area-of-effect damage and creating damaging shrapnel. - Top 5 percent and Kill-death ratio leaderboards now have a minimum game requirement based on the interval: Today (15 games), This week (50), All time (100).
- Lowered damage reduction of Level 3 Vest. - Decreased number of 9mm ammo spawns.
December 12, 2017
Thank you again to all the surviv.io players out there. Whether it be for one game, twenty games, or that insane player with 1600 games, we're thrilled to have you here with us. A special shout-out to all our surviv.io content creators - this YouTube video of surviv.io highlights would not have been possible without you!
And we're just getting started. For the 9000 of you that have asked: yes, squads/teams/groups ARE coming! For the absolute latest news, hop on our discord and join the discussion.
0.1.6 - December 12, 2017
You've been asking for one, and we're finally proud to introduce the newest member of the surviv.io armory: the DP-28 light machine gun. With 60 rounds in each magazine, the DP-28 will keep your enemies cowering behind cover for days ... until you destroy said cover and pour 7.62mm into their feeble bodies. This precious weapon is a rare drop, so keep your eyes peeled!
We've also added a new building: the shack. Unlike the container or warehouse, the shack's wooden walls won't reflect bullets, making it a somewhat safer place to hide out. Also unlike the container or warehouse, the shack walls can be destroyed and the roof brought down ... so maybe it's not quite that safe. Each shack comes complete with attached crate and barrel.
And ONE more thing: we've removed armor durability. All armor is now indestructible, so no more watching the armor health bars (for anyone who was actually doing that). You'll also be able to spam loot even more effectively, as lower tiered armor pieces will not be lootable. Huzzah!
- Added new gun: DP-28 light machine gun. - Added new building: shack. - Armor (chest and helmet) is now indestructible. Armor items below your current equipped armor cannot be looted. - Pouches no longer drop after looting a new pack. - Fixed oversized GUI icons on IE/Edge browsers.
- Increased chance for medical items to drop. - Decreased chance for armor items to drop. - Increased number of tree and bush spawns. - Decreased number of silo and container spawns. - Increased 7.62mm (blue ammo) maximum holding capacity.
0.1.51 - December 7, 2017
- Decreased number of container spawns. - Health pak now restores health to full (100). - Increased health pak use time by 1 second. - Decreased painkiller use time by 1 second. - Increased damage of mosin. - Increased accuracy of m39. - Decreased saiga drop rate.
0.1.5 - December 6, 2017
Check your corners!
Looking for guaranteed loot in a nice confined space? Need a place to bunker down and wait out the red zone? Then this update is for you! We've added two buildings: the container and the warehouse.
Each building is guaranteed to spawn items, with the warehouse being a particularly generous source of loot. Buildings offer a nice place to take cover (and set up an ambush!), but stay frosty ... scopes cannot be used while indoors.
- Added two buildings: warehouse and container.
- Military crate now has a higher chance to drop guns, armor and backpacks. - Decreased number of rock spawns. - Increased number of tree spawns.
0.1.4 - November 28, 2017
Here comes the boomstick!
Introducing the Baikal MP220 sawed-off shotgun. Slam two red shells in the chamber and unload both barrels before your enemy can even blink. High risk, meet high reward!
We've also added an option to toggle off high resolution graphics. In the bottom right-hand corner of this screen, you'll find our new settings button. Uncheck "High resolution" if you're experiencing framerate issues.
- Added new gun: MP220 double barrel shotgun. - Added new skin: Carbon Fiber. - Added high resolution graphics toggle.
- Slightly increased damage and accuracy of the ot38. - Slightly decreased the time between shots of the ot38.
0.1.3 - November 24, 2017
Do you feel lucky, punk?
Get locked and loaded with the latest weapon in the surviv.io arensel: the OT-38 Stechkin revolver. Chambered to use 7.62mm (blue) rounds, this sidearm packs a huge punch. With only five bullets per clip and a fairly long delay between shots, accuracy will be at a premium.
And for the bush wookies out there, we've got a special surprise for you ... bushes! Bushes can be passed through by players and bullets alike. Remember the golden rule: there's always someone in the bush.
- Added new gun: OT-38 revolver. - Added new obstacle: bush. - Added new skin: The Professional.
0.1.2 - November 21, 2017
Lead the way!
You want stats? We've got 'em! Roughly 24 hours ago, we started collecting in-game statistics, including player kills, wins, ranking, and more. For now, we've exposed the leaders for five categories across three time intervals. The top 5 you can see in the upper right-hand corner, but click the "View More" button and you'll be able to see the top 100 across each category.
In the coming weeks, we plan on opening up our stat tracking even further to allow players to view their individual stats in greater detail (e.g. kills per gun type).
- Added leaderboards and stat tracking.
0.1.1 - November 16, 2017
Thanks to everyone who's been playing and enjoying surviv.io! We're continuing to develop more features, fix bugs and optimize gameplay. Stay tuned ... in the meantime, enjoy this video playthrough from one of our developers!
- Minimap is now responsive to screen size. - UI weapon slots can now be clicked to switch weapons. - Fixed issue on canvas renderer where red zone covered entire map. - Fixed issue with fire delays after shooting the mosin or m870.
0.1.0 - November 13, 2017
Stay awhile and listen!
Break out the subwoofer, because surviv.io is now serving up an aural feast. In other words, we added sounds! We've got AK fire, Mosin bolt pulls, footsteps, trees falling down, and silos ping-ponging bullets all across the land. And of course, a sound for picking up soda cans.
What are you waiting for? Get in there and make some noise!
- Added sounds. - Added a mute toggle to the main menu in the bottom right-hand corner. - Added bullet casing images when firing a gun. - Players can no longer shoot while reloading a magazine-fed gun. All other modes of interrupting a reload remain (switch weapons, stow weapons, use item, loot a new gun). - A message will now appear if a player is unable to loot an item (no room in pack, better item already equipped, already have that item).
- Added a slight delay to reloading the m870 and mosin when all ammo in the gun has been used. - Slightly increased the bullet speed of the mosin. - Slightly decreased reload time of the ak47. - Slightly increased time between shots of the m9.
0.0.95 - November 9, 2017
- New matchmaking system.
- Decreased move speed penalty when using items. - Decreased the range of the m870 and saiga. - Slightly increased the time between shots of the m870 and saiga. - Slightly lowered saiga drop rate.
0.0.9 - November 7, 2017
Starving for loot? Try busting up a crate! Crates will now drop a piece of loot when destroyed. Punch 'em open or shoot 'em up, and get that loot!
If you're very lucky, you may stumble across a military-grade crate full of surprises ...
Let us know what you think through our social media channels. Thanks!
- Changed crates to drop loot on destruction. - Added rare military crate.
0.0.81 - November 5, 2017
- Added minimap toggle button, hotkeyed to V.
0.0.8 - November 5, 2017
- Added metal barrels and silos.
0.0.7 - November 4, 2017
- Come join the Discord server! (https://discord.gg/22QkNCJ) - Destroyed obstacles leave residue. - More loot spawns. - Minor gun balancing changes.
0.0.6 - November 3, 2017
- Added autoscoping. - Move faster without a weapon. - UI improvements. - Client optimizations.
0.0.5 - November 1, 2017
- Buffed ak47, mp5, and m9. - Decreased shotgun range and damage. - Increased loot and ammo spawns. - Decreased initial circle timer.
0.0.4 - October 31, 2017
- Server upgrades. - Client optimizations.
0.0.3 - October 22, 2017
Welcome to the surviv.io Pre-early Access Period!
We're excited to offer a previous-gen battle royale experience with all the features we've come to expect from this genre, including but not limited to:
- Random server crashes
- Desynced gun battles
- FPS spiking
- A succulent fowl feast for the winner!
Please direct any feedback to one of our social media channels. Thanks!
- Armor and skins now drop from dead players. - Changed scope loot to display zoom level.
0.0.2 - October 11, 2017
- First early access release.
0.0.1 - October 6, 2017
- Added changelog file.