Not to be confused with Crates.
Obstacles are spread across the map, serving both as decorations and gameplay elements. Each obstacle has its own features, most of them are breakable and some explode. Certain obstacles you can even interact with, like Control Panels. Some obstacles cannot occupy the same space as players, while some obstacles allow players to hide under them. Obstacles differ from crates, as they do not drop items.
|Bush||Grass, Mansion, Barn, House, Bank||Objects pass through. Useful for hiding||Yes||No||No|
|Berry Bush||Grass||Can hide under it, has items underneath||Yes||No||No|
|Tree||Grass, Mansion||Trunk solid, leaves can be passed through, translucent, can be a cache||Yes||No||No|
|Stone||Grass, River||Can be a cache||Yes||No||No|
|Barrel||Grass, certain buildings||Can be a Cache||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Silo||Grass||Can be used as an obstacle, since it's indestructible||No||No||Yes|
|Hedgehog||Beach, outside of Police Station||Can be used as an indestructible obstacle||No||No||Yes|
|Fire Extinguisher||Police Station, Bank, Hydra Bunker, Conch Bunker, Crossing Bunker||Releases smoke when broken||Yes||No||Yes|
|Control Panel||Police Station, Conch Bunker, Storm Bunker, Crossing Bunker, Hatchet Bunker||Opens doors when pressed in Police Station or Crossing Bunker||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Computer Terminal||Storm Bunker, Conch Bunker, Hydra Bunker, Crossing Bunker||Can be used as an explosive to harm nearby enemies||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Power Box||Hydra Bunker||Can be used as an explosive to harm nearby enemies||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Recorder||Chrysanthemum Bunker (Greenhouse)||Can be turned on||No||No||No|
|Oven||Barns, Houses, Mansion, Crossing Bunker||Can be used as an explosive to harm nearby enemies||Yes||Yes||
|Table||Barns, Houses, Mansion||Objects pass thru. Able to use for hiding||Yes||No||No|
|Fridge||Barns, Houses, Mansion, Crossing Bunker||Can be used as an indestructible obstacle||No||No||Yes|
|Lily Pad||Rivers||Objects pass thru. Able to use for hiding||Yes||No||No|
|Bollard||Docks, River Dock||Can be used as an indestructible obstacle||No||No||Yes|
|Sandbag||Docks, Police Station, Hydra Bunker, Stone Bridges||Can be used as an indestructible obstacle||No||No||No|
|Bed||Cabins (green), Crossing Bunker (blue)||Can be used as an obstacle, but can be destroyed||Yes||No||No|
|Couch||Crossing Bunker,||Can be used as an obstacle, but can be destroyed||Yes||No||No|
|Golden Box||Bank||Can be used as an indestructible obstacle||No||No||No|
|Vault Door||Bank||Opens vault when pressed, takes a few seconds to open||No||No||Yes|
|Broken Stairs||Mansion||Objects pass through. Able to use for hiding||Yes||No||No|
|Wood Pile||Cabins||When destroyed, cabin stops producing smoke||Yes||No||No|
|Stove||Cabins||When destroyed, cabin stops producing smoke||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Big Vat||Hydra Bunker||Can be used as an indestructible obstacle||No||No||No|
|Vat||Hydra Bunker||Can be used as an obstacle, but can be destroyed||Yes||No||No|
|Glass Wall||Mansion,||Is extremely hard to break (except the mansion one), the ones in the bunker are "bulletproof glass"||Yes||No||No|
|Screen||Crossing Bunker, Chrysanthemum Bunker||Yes||No||No|
|Leaf pile||Grass (woods map)||Can hide under it, has items underneath||Yes||No||No|
|Wall||Houses||Can be used as an obstacle, but can be destroyed||Yes||No|
|Piano||Saloon (Desert Map), Mansion||Pounds the keys when hit||No||No||No|
|Grill||Red Houses||Can be used as an explosive to harm nearby enemies||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Stone Wall||Eye Bunker||Can only be broken with a Stone Hammer||Yes||No||No|
- Tables used to have items hidden under them. This was removed early in the game's development.
- While the tree leaves are translucent, the overlapping section of two leaf sections becomes opaque, making it ideal for players to hide under, like bushes, especially since doing this does not change their scope.
- As a general rule of thumb, metal obstacles such as silos, hedgehogs, or barrels will cause bullets to ricochet.
- In the Easter April Fools update, Egg-stravaganza, players were able to transform into obstacles. More were added for the halloween update
- Rarely, a tree, rock or a barrel cache can be found. These look just like normal trees or rocks (although slightly darker), but they drop loot when broken. The rock cache will drop an AK-47 + ammo and The Initiative outfit, while the tree cache will drop a Mosin-Nagant + ammo, a consumable or scope, and a Woodland Combat outfit . Both will also have a decal painted on the ground underneath it.
- During the Into The Woods event, Winter Wonderland event, A Sweet Surprise event, Desert Rain event, and Happy Spookiversary event, trees, crates and other obstacles looked different to fit the theme.