The Avtomat Kalashnikova, officially known as the AK, and most famously known as the AK-47 in the west, is a 7.62mm assault rifle that was designed in 1947 within the U.S.S.R (Soviet Union). It is a balanced weapon overall and is useful at most ranges.
- The AK-47 is useful at any time during the game, and one would be lucky to get one early-game as it will probably get them kills in the double-digits. The AK-47 and the MP220 make a deadly combination and can almost guarantee a chicken dinner if one plays their cards right.
- Combined with Saiga-12 you could become unstoppable by throwing grenades to flush them out to where you are, then use the AK-47 when they move out of range for the Saiga-12, or by finishing them off with the AK.
- Get in an extremely close proximity of the enemy as the length of the AK-47 is too long to fire at someone that's up in their face. This strategy is best used when you are using a pistol, melee weapon, or short length SMG or rifle.
- The icon for the AK-47 is actually based on the AKM, indicated by its slanted muzzle brake. A true AK-47 would have a flat muzzle brake. AKMs are often mistaken for AK-47s in media due to their similar appearances.
- The AK-47 was one of the first weapons to be featured in the game.
- Although the Woods Map is supposed to only spawn LMGs and Shotguns, It also spawned an AK-47 and a Mosin-Nagant VIA the Cache Feature.
|G18C • M9 • M93R • MAC-10 • MP5 • UMP9 • Vector (9mm) • CZ-3A1|
|FAMAS • M249 • M416 • M4A1-S • Mk 12 SPR • QBB-97|
|AK-47 • BAR M1918 • DP-28 • M1 Garand • M39 EMR • Mosin-Nagant • OT-38 • SCAR-H • SV-98|
|M870 • MP220 • Saiga-12 • SPAS-12 • USAS-12 • M1100|
|Model 94 • Peacemaker • M1911 • M1A1 • Vector (.45 ACP)|
|Frag Grenade • MIRV Grenade • Smoke Grenade|
|Fists • Hook • Knife (Bayonet • Karambit • Huntsman • Bowie) • Pan • Wood Axe • Fire Axe • Katana • Stone Hammer|